If you’re movie lover? This is great news for you! From Nov. 29 to Dec. 17, EU in Thailand, in collaboration with 19 EU Member States’ Embassies, is holding for the first time an ‘Open-air European Union Film Festival 2018 in Bangkok‘ to celebrate the European Year of Cultural Heritage.
The European Union Film Festival 2018 in Bangkok is going al fresco first time with 19 films will run 29 November to 17 December at several venues around the capital city, from the the neoclassical European-style House No. 1 to the garden of the Goethe Institut and Alliance Francaise to and various ambassadorial residences. The event opens at House No. 1, a neoclassical European-style building in the riverside Bang Rak district, with Austrian drama ‘Mademoiselle Paradis.’
The film highlights of The European Film Festival 2018 Bangkok like ‘Transit,’ a drama which jarringly takes the Holocaust out of the 1940s and plants its story in today’s world to tell the story of a German refugee who assumes the identity of a dead French author.
Film list (Screening Locations)
- 29 November | Mademoiselle Paradis (Austria) | @House No.1
- 30 November | Transit (Germany) | @Goethe Institut Thailand
- 1 December | In the Shadow (Czech Republic) | @Goethe Institut Thailand
- 2 December | The Commune (Denmark) | @Danish Residence
- 3 December | Fireheart: The Legend of Tadas Blinda (Lithuania) | @Danish Residence
- 4 December | Al Berto (Portugal) | @Portuguese Residence
- 5 December | Fanny and Alexander (Sweden) | @Portuguese Residence
- 6 December | Candidate (Slovak Republic) | @Belgian Residence
- 7 December | Belgian Rhapsody (Belgium) | @Belgian Residence
- 8 December | L’Opera (France) | @Alliance Française Bangkok
- 9 December | The Bar (Spain) | @Alliance Française Bangkok
- 10 December | Swing (Hungary) | @Austrian Residence
- 11 December | Loving Vincent (Poland) | @Austrian Residence
- 12 December | Tulipani: Love, Honour and a Bicycle (The Netherlands) | @Dutch Residence
- 13 December | The Other Side of Hope (Finland) | @Dutch Residence
- 14 December | Call Me By Your Name (Italy) | @Italian Residence
- 15 December | Two Lottery Tickets (Romania) | @Italian Residence
- 16 December | I Am Not a Witch (UK) | @British Residence
- 17 December | Sanctuary (Ireland) | @British Residence
Don’t miss this special opportunity to enjoy good movies in the outdoor with 19 European films for 19 nights at 10 Ambassadorial Residences, cultural institutes and historical site.
For security reasons:
- Guest with no pre-registration will not be able to enter the event.
- Please bring your ID cards or passports for registration
- Wheeled cases and large items of luggage are not allowed in the event.
The 28 member countries of the EU
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom